SCOOT ARMY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SCOOT ARMY

Florida scooter bulletin.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Custom Neos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Robbert.

Robbert.

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Custom Neos Empty
PostSubject: Custom Neos   Custom Neos Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21 2007, 11:03

First I want to introduce myself, my name is Robbert and I live in a small village on the eastside of the Netherlands (Europe clown ).

When I turned 16, I took over my sister’s Yamaha Neo’s. It was, of course, entirely stock. Neutral But that was getting bored after a short while for me. Since then I got hooked on scooters. I was making more optical mods and more and more..Very Happy

First I’ve changed the handlebars, rear-suspension, a chrome transmission-cover, made the lights more aggressive, etc and it looked like this:

Custom Neos P10101293zw

Custom Neos P10103876fb

After a while I believed that it was still quite boring and I saw a lot of beautiful scooter on the internet. But not a lot of beautiful neos-scooters..silent

So I started to modify my scoot again.. I changed the front, where I build in a Aerox-frontlight and a Piaggio NRG MC2-grill and further cleaned the lines. The stock rims of a Neos are UGLY.. I repeat ugly! pale 3 stoke and 12” and with the most terrible tires you will encounter in your life (Continental Zippy). But I replaced them with Aprilia SR WWW 13” rims. And I also painted some of the plating in black and added a lot of accessories for my scoot

Custom Neos P10100566pb

Custom Neos P10100719nr

I also changed the exhaust and cylinder, I bought a Yasuni R and a Polini 50 cast-iron.

Custom Neos P10100372hb

Custom Neos P10101506ac

But the cylinder is stock again, because I’ve got compression-problems with the Polini. geek

My scoot is now looking like this:

Custom Neos P1013540737mm

Custom Neos P10121335464zd

Custom Neos P10100853ge

Looks much better doesn’t it?afro

But who am I to leave it like this, I’ve got a lot of plans to realise!

In a few months I don’t have to use my scoot for daily transportation any more, so it will be transformed in a scoot for sprint competitions, but also for custom shows..Very Happy

My plans are:

• Piaggio LC DD-engine block with sprint stuff

• A custom rearplating that is build up almost from scratch.. Why? Because the rear of a neos isn’t really the ‘Adriana Lima’- side

• Placing the rear suspension in front of the engine block

• To polish a lot of stuff

• Radiators of a Malaguti F12 Phantom

• Aerox front fork

• Etc.

So I still got plenty to do tongue

Back to top Go down
ryaquinn
Admin
Admin
ryaquinn

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2006-10-10

Custom Neos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Neos   Custom Neos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2007, 23:34

Very nice stuff, I have always liked the Neos and they are a rare bike. Great platform I think, differing from the norm. Keep us updated. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://scootarmy.editboard.com
Robbert.

Robbert.

Custom Neos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Neos   Custom Neos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23 2007, 11:20

They aren't rare bikes in Europe, but you see them a lot with a windscreen and stuff like that.. Smile
But the quality is good as aspected from Yamaha and it has a Minarelli-engine..geek But I'm not sure if I'll use the Neos for building a project, maybe I'll use a Piaggio NRG mc2
Back to top Go down
ryaquinn
Admin
Admin
ryaquinn

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2006-10-10

Custom Neos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Neos   Custom Neos Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2007, 17:39

Sweet, I am actually on the prowl to buy a Yamaha BWS(Zuma). The newer model, I love those things and Yamaha is the best.
Back to top Go down
https://scootarmy.editboard.com
Robbert.

Robbert.

Custom Neos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Neos   Custom Neos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11 2007, 08:26

Bw's are great, but you don't see them often in Holland.. Sad

But there is a lot of stuff aviable for a bw's, you see those scoots a lot in Belgium and in France Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Custom Neos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Neos   Custom Neos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Neos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SCOOT ARMY :: Scoot Army :: Some Assembly Required-
Jump to: